Our Victory Hall was purchased for the village by public subscription in 1922 and now provides a location for meetings and various village activities. It is available to hire for parties, events, weddings and catering can be arranged. The availability of the hall can be seen online at Online Calendar
To book call Jackie Woodall 017683 62355 or 07969516344 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the Booking Form, read the Hirers Manual and policies (below).
Further details are held on the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/TempleSowerbyVictoryHall
There is parking available directly outside the Hall for up to 6 cars and considerable space elsewhere around the green.
• The main room in Victory Hall will accommodate 100 people and there is seating available for 75. This room is on the first floor, up a set of steep steps and it may not be suitable for those with walking difficulties or who are unsteady. The two rooms downstairs will both take 25 people. There is a step into the building which is reached over cobbles, a portable ramp is available on request. There is a disabled toilet within the building. Crockery and cutlery are available for 60 persons, more can be hired of course, and there is a kitchen for catering on the first floor next to the main room.
• If you wish to sell drink or hold an event which is subject to licensing then you will need to apply for a Temporary Event Notice from Eden District Council at least 2 weeks ahead of the event.
• We ask people to leave the building clean and tidy after use and to check all electrical items are switched off.
• People making bookings should carry out their own risk assessment around their activities planned, and the Village Hall committee cannot be held responsible for any injuries sustained.
• The Village Hall insurance does not cover people’s belongings; the village is generally very safe but it would be wise to make sure that property is secured or supervised while in the building.
• The Victory Hall committee reserve the right to decline a booking if it is felt it might lead to anti- social behaviour or anything which would negatively impact the community or reputation of the village.
The policies of the Village Hall are available to download and should be referred to by anyone booking the hall.
Equal Opportunities Policy
First Aid and Accidents Policy
Vulnerable Adult and Child Safeguarding Policy